British Indian actress Banita Sandhu, who made her Bollywood debut with Varun Dhawan’s 2018 film, October, has been tested positive for the new strain of Coronavirus on Monday. As per the reports, Banita came all the way from the UK to participate in the shooting for her new film, Kavita and Teresa, which is scheduled in Kolkata.
After taking the test at the airport, Banita Sandhu was diagnosed with the Covid strain and was taken to a government hospital in Kolkata for treatment. As per the Bollywood media reports, Banita initially refused to take treatment at a Kolkata government hospital.
With no option left, the hospital staff took the matter to the state Secretariat and later, with the involvement of The British High Commission, Banita was shifted to a private hospital.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shahid Kapoor’s next to be a mythological drama?
- Noted actor to join Amitabh Bachchan’s next
- Latest updates on Varun Dhawan’s wedding
- Release date for these two Bollywood biggies to be out soon
- Rishi Kapoor’s last film to release on this date
- Teaser for Thala Ajith’s Valimai to be out on this special day?