Released last year, the slice of life drama, Care of Kancharapalem, went on to win critical acclaim and also made decent money at the box-office. Now, the film has won the Best Telugu Film award in the first Critics Choice Film Awards which was held in Mumbai tonight.
Care of Kancharapalem has beaten other strong contenders from Tollywood such as Rangasthalam and Mahanati to win the top honor at CCFA tonight. The Critics Choice Film Awards is founded by several noted critics in India. The awards celebrate the excellence in cinema from all the major South Indian film industries and Bollywood.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Super Star’s fans in serious trouble after sacrificing a goat
- Bigg Boss Telugu: Will never step into the house, says young beauty
- Samantha signs yet another female-centric film?
- Young Malayalam actress in talks for Bheemla Nayak?
- Chiranjeevi and Ram Charan to share screen space again