Released last year, the slice of life drama, Care of Kancharapalem, went on to win critical acclaim and also made decent money at the box-office. Now, the film has won the Best Telugu Film award in the first Critics Choice Film Awards which was held in Mumbai tonight.
Care of Kancharapalem has beaten other strong contenders from Tollywood such as Rangasthalam and Mahanati to win the top honor at CCFA tonight. The Critics Choice Film Awards is founded by several noted critics in India. The awards celebrate the excellence in cinema from all the major South Indian film industries and Bollywood.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acharya’s Khammam schedule underway under tight security
- Get ready for 3 surprises from PSPK27 this Maha Shivaratri
- Critically acclaimed South film goes to Bollywood
- Manchu Manoj’s sly tweet on marriage reports
- Wild Dog’s trailer gets a launch date
- Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher joins Karthikeya 2