Released last year, the slice of life drama, Care of Kancharapalem, went on to win critical acclaim and also made decent money at the box-office. Now, the film has won the Best Telugu Film award in the first Critics Choice Film Awards which was held in Mumbai tonight.
Care of Kancharapalem has beaten other strong contenders from Tollywood such as Rangasthalam and Mahanati to win the top honor at CCFA tonight. The Critics Choice Film Awards is founded by several noted critics in India. The awards celebrate the excellence in cinema from all the major South Indian film industries and Bollywood.
Articles that might interest you:
- No story locked for Mahesh-Vamshi Paidipally’s next film
- Director opens up about Salman’s cameo in Saaho
- FDFS : Live Updates from Sita
- Fresh troubles for Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake
- Young Tollywood hero’s Kollywood plans
- Fans heartbroken over Pawan’s defeat