Director Ram Gopal Varma has faced a huge setback yet again. The CBFC panel in Hyderabad has refused to certify his upcoming controversial film, Disha Encounter. The film is based on the sensational rape cum murder of a young doctor in Shamshabad that rattled the entire country in November, 2019.
The CBFC panel has reportedly told Disha Encounter’s makers that they will not pass the film as its subject is too sensitive. The makers have now approached the Revising Committee and are waiting its decision. Anand Chandra has directed the film under RGV’s supervision.
Natti Kranthi and Natti Karuna have bankrolled the movie. Srikanth Iyengar, Sonia and Praveen Raj donned the lead roles. The film is scheduled to hit screens on February 19, but it looks unlikely as of now.
Articles that might interest you:
- Wild Dog’s Team Gears Up For A Big Announcement
- Mohanlal’s next gets a release date
- Nani advises Allari Naresh to change his name!
- Aadhi Pinisetty, Keerthy Suresh’s Good Luck Sakhi’s release date in a few hours
- Title of Sudheer Babu, Krithi Shetty’s next to be out tomorrow
- Amitabh Bachchan’s new blog post on ‘medical condition’ worries fans