The Govt is expected to issue a GO to single screens ,asking them to screen 5 shows a day,instead of the traditional 4. This should increase revenues for small and medium budget films along with big budget movies. Small and medium budget films rely heavily on single screens and unlike the big budget films which enjoy multiple shows a day in multiplexes, these films rarely get a shot beyond the 4 shows available in a day.
With the addition of the 5th show, the rider is that one show a day must be exclusively allotted for a small film, irrespective of the demand for big films at any given point of time.
Articles that might interest you:
- Keerthy Suresh to join Rang De sets soon
- Karan Johar strongly condemns media trial against him in drug case
- Pay-per-view price fixed for this star hero’s film
- Noted Tamil hero’s next to have a big Telugu release
- Sree Vishnu’s next to roll out soon
- This director struggling to retain his lost glory with back to back films