With the current scenario prevailing in the country, it was highly inevitable that Gopala Gopala will fall prey to religious fundamentalists and that has happened on the first day of the movie’s release itself. A police complaint was lodged by a person named Raghunadh Rao at Saifabad Police Station alleging that certain scenes from the film are hurting the sentiments of Hindus.
There have been umpteen attempts to put the release of the film in disarray, like the ones by VHP and Bajrang Dal demanding the censor board not to clear the film for release. However sanity prevailed and the movie passed the censor with a clean U and the movie is also being hugely appreciated for its thought provoking content.
- Kamal Haasan’s comments on Kashmir spark a major controversy
- Star cinematographer onboard Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake
- Chiru makes a strong statement on unity among senior heroes
- Chay to team up with star producer for the second time?
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Fans threaten to boycott star hero’s film