Radhika Apte is one hell of a performer and has given some memorable performances in the past. She does some bold roles and was the first choice to play the lead in the cult Hindi classic Vicky Donor.
Speaking in an interview, Radhika revealed that she was the first choice for the film but was rejected as she was chubby. She also revealed that she put on weight after going on a holiday where she drank a lot of beer and ate good food. Her weight issue became a problem for the director Sooji Sircar who did not sign her.
Radhika’s role was done by Yami Gautam who made her debut with the film. Ayushman Khurana was the main lead of this award-winning film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sukumar ropes in his ADs for a love anthology
- Madras High Court goes soft on Suriya
- When Rajini, Nag and Sridevi were offered RGV’s Rangeela
- Lakshmi Manchu misses Samantha’s surprise
- Vijay’s ‘Thank you Neyveli’ tweet sets a new record
- Fresh troubles for Balayya-Boyapati film?