In a landmark judgment, the CBI special court in Rohtak, Haryana today sentenced the self-styled spiritual guru Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh of the Dera Sacha Sauda sect to 10 years in prison for the rape of two women followers in 2002.
Soon after the judge pronounced the verdict, the 50-year-old Ram Rahim Singh broke into tears inside the courtroom and pleaded for lenient punishment. The controversial guru’s defense will move the Haryana High Court against the CBI court’s verdict. Ram Rahim Singh will be imprisoned at a jail in Haryana. He was found guilty by a local court in Panchkula on Friday. 38 people were killed in the violence that erupted after Gurmeet was found guilty.
Ram Rahim Singh had produced, directed and acted in the MSG trilogy, Hind Ka Napak ko Jawab, MSG Lion Heart 2 and Jattu Engineer.
- Taxiwaala off to a good start in the Telugu states
- Ram Charan appreciates Taxiwaala
- Rajamouli ropes in Bollywood stylist for RC’s new look
- Ram Charan to resume VVR’s shoot in December
- 2.0 fever catching up big time