Yesterday’s Janata Curfew, which was observed to prevent the spreading of the Coronavirus across the country, has led to several fake WhatsApp forwards and social media posts that went viral. Many overenthusiastic netizens shared unscientific theories on the significance of clapping and clanging of the utensils in killing the virus.
What’s shocking is that even some of the country’s biggest stars have fallen prey to these fake WhatsApp forwards and disgraced themselves. Leading stars like Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan and Pawan Kalyan shared the forwarded messages and even got them taken down by Twitter and deleted themselves. Also, interacting with a Malayalam news channel, Mollywood stalwart Mohanlal too has shared similar, unverified information that propagated illogical theories.
On the other hand, the union and several state government authorities have been constantly sharing valid information about preventing the spread of the virus and the various methods to stay safe via social media and advertisements.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anaya Pandey grilled again- This time about financial transactions
- Ritu Varma gets emotional at Varudu Kavalenu event
- Gully Rowdy locks Disney Hotstar premieres date
- Bigg Boss 5 – Lady contestant gets eliminated
- Chiranjeevi pushed Bobby’s film ahead of Bhola Shankar?
- Poll : What’s your take on the Radhe Shyam teaser?