Aamir Khan’s Dangal has turned into a blockbuster in China and currently, it’s the highest grossing non-Hollywood film of all time in China. In fact, Aamir Khan is one of the very few Indian actors who is extremely popular in China and some of his recent films like 3 Idiots, PK and Dhoom 3 had done well in China.
Despite the stupendous success of Dangal, other Indian filmmakers and actors have found it tough to penetrate the Chinese market. This year, SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 and Salman Khan’s Tubelight are set for a wide release in China.
While Baahubali 2’s makers are already in talks with their Chinese distributor to get a big release, Tubelight has the advantage of having a Chinese actress Zhu Zhu as Salman Khan’s co-star and 1962 Indo-China war as a backdrop. If the success of Dangal is anything to go by, then it gives other Indian filmmakers a ray of hope to make it big in China.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Pradeep Machiraju – I have struggled 10 years to achieve my dream
- Tamil exhibitors demand 10% extra share from Master’s makers
- Big update: Prabhas to join forces with star Bollywood director
- Seetimaarr gets a release date- Deets Inside
- Latest update on Pooja Hegde’s role in Acharya
- Update – Pushpa’s big release date is here