Even at 69, Super Star Rajinikanth proves that he is still an undisputable king of box-office. His latest action entertainer, Darbar, has set the cash registers ringing on its opening day yesterday. The film has had a decent opening in Andhra, Ceded and Nizam regions.
As per the latest trade updates, Darbar’s Telugu version collected an approximate share of Rs 4.52 crore from a gross of Rs 7.2 crore in AP and Telangana. The film has received decent reviews and it shall have a steady run despite the release of the other Sankranthi biggies such as Sarileru Neekevvaru and Ala Vaikuntapurramuloo.
In Tamil Nadu, Darbar collected a solid Rs 25 crore plus gross on its day one and occupied the second spot in the list of all-time highest Tamil openers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ravi Teja proves everyone wrong with Krack
- Big banners and stars approach Gopichand Malineni
- Kannada biggie, Pogaru gets a release date
- Pawan Kalyan wraps up a key song for Krish’s film
- SV Babu opens up on 30 Rojullo Preminchadam Ela’s release
- Much-awaited project of megastar Chiranjeevi launched