Even at 69, Super Star Rajinikanth proves that he is still an undisputable king of box-office. His latest action entertainer, Darbar, has set the cash registers ringing on its opening day yesterday. The film has had a decent opening in Andhra, Ceded and Nizam regions.
As per the latest trade updates, Darbar’s Telugu version collected an approximate share of Rs 4.52 crore from a gross of Rs 7.2 crore in AP and Telangana. The film has received decent reviews and it shall have a steady run despite the release of the other Sankranthi biggies such as Sarileru Neekevvaru and Ala Vaikuntapurramuloo.
In Tamil Nadu, Darbar collected a solid Rs 25 crore plus gross on its day one and occupied the second spot in the list of all-time highest Tamil openers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Confirmed- Rana’s next to only have a big-screen release
- Senior actor to establish a film studio in AP
- National media to reveal bigger names in drug scandal
- Fresh speculations of Kajal’s marriage
- This is going to be a special attraction for Mahesh’s SVP
- Venky to join hands with Chay yet again?