Mahanati, the biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savitri, even though garnered critical acclaim and commercial success, it also angered Gemini Ganesan’s daughter Dr. Kamala Selvaraj. Dr. Kamala is the daughter of Gemini Ganesan and his first wife Alamelu.
In a recent interview with a popular English daily, Dr. Kamala criticized Mahanati’s makers for portraying his father in a negative light. “They (Mahanati’s makers) have portrayed my father as an arrogant person. Mahanati also showed that my father had run out of movie offers, but in reality, he had acted in more than 300 movies on par with legendary stars like MGR and Sivaji Ganesan,” Dr. Kamala alleged.
Dr. Kamala went on to say that to make the public aware of the facts, she will soon release a 1 hour 45 minute long documentary on her father Gemini Ganesan. The documentary film will be specially screened to the media and common public in Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!
- Tamannaah, Sundeep’s bold chemistry in Next Enti’s trailer strikes an impact
- Vijay Deverakonda’s cheeky reply to Prabhas