After playing an acid attack survivor in Chappak, Deepika Padukone has reportedly decided to stick to light hearted films and romantic comedies in the near future. Apparently, the actress gets drained out emotionally after playing intense roles, like the one she did in Chappak, and she is so clear about what she wants to do next that she even turned down an interesting biopic to be directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
As per the reports in Bollywood, Pradeep Sarkar had approached Deepika Padukone to star in the biopic of 19th century courtesan turned actress, Binodini Dasi, also known as Nati Binodini. She was one of the most popular stars in the Bengali theatre field in her days, and also went on to act in several acclaimed plays. Incidentally, she took to acting at the age of 13 and retired by the age of 23, after she got married; however, her life and plays have had a long lasting influence on Bengali theatre and cinema.
Apparently, although Deepika liked the subject of the film, she made Pradeep Sarkar’s team wait for three months and finally after Chappak released, she is said to have turned down the offer. The latest buzz is that Aishwarya Rai might play this lead role and the actress has already given her nod, but she hasn’t signed it yet. Now, it remains to be seen if this turns out to be a game changer for Aishwarya Rai, who will also be seen in Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Is Nagarjuna doing a good job as Bigg Boss 4 host?
- Mahesh donates a massive amount to Hyderabad flood victims
- NTR, Vijay Devarakonda, Trivikram donate big for Hyderabad Rain victims
- Raashi Khanna goes de-glam for this biggie
- Bigg Boss 4 – This contestant wins the hearts of many in the nominations task
- Teaser for CoK fame Karthik’s hero debut film ‘Lingoccha’ soon