Super Star Rajinikanth’s Kaala finally released today after going through a lot of hardships for the last few months. Surprisingly, the pre-release buzz around the film was quite low, which is unprecedented for a Rajini film.
But despite the low-key release, Kaala has set an all-time record in Chennai. The film collected Rs 1.76 crores on day one, surpassing Vijay’s Mersal (Rs 1.52 crores). While Mersal released in 279 screens, Kaala set the record even though it released only in 253 screens and that too on a working day.
Rajini fans across the world have given a collective thumbs up to the movie. This Pa Ranjith film is expected to register record collections over the weekend.
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation