We had recently reported that senior writer-producer Kona Venkat is planning a biopic on Olympic bronze medal-winning weightlifter Karanam Malleswari. Hailing from Amadalavalasa, Srikakulam, Malleswari overcame numerous hardships and her rise to international glory is awe-inspiring.
As per the latest updates, young filmmaker Sanjana Reddy, who had made her directorial debut with Raj Tarun’s Rajugadu, will be directing Karanam Malleswari biopic. Incidentally, even Sanjana hails from Srikakulam and she had already met the champion weightlifter a couple of years ago and has been planning her biopic since then. MVV Satyanarayana will co-produce the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 4: Star heroine to replace Nagarjuna?
- Here’s when Venky will be resuming Narappa’s shoot
- Vishal, Arya’s film kick-starts in Hyderabad
- Actress Vanitha reveals the truth behind her troubled third marriage
- After Radhe Shyam, yet another Tollywood film to head to Italy
- Aamir Khan’s son Junaid rejected in debut film’s audition