Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s new film, Solo, released on October 5th to mixed reviews. While the film and Dulquer’s performance received a positive response from a section of fans and critics, hardcore fans of the actor were disappointed with this experiment to an extent and went on to tell Dulquer that he should have totally avoided doing the film.
On the other hand, the film was taken off the screens right after the first day of its release in Tamil Nadu due to the theater strike. Adding to the woes, several theater managements donned the editor’s hat and chopped off several scenes in the climax to suit audience’s sensibilities.
Heartbroken with the happenings and the audiences’ reception for his favorite track Rudra, Dulquer took to Facebook and posted a lengthy open letter. Dulquer requested everyone not to mock or judge a passionate experiment and went on to beg not to kill Solo. Dulquer’s post has been winning a lot of support from all quarters and it remains to be seen if the film overpowers all the negativity around it.
Articles that might interest you:
- No truth in reports of Bollywood star’s cameo in Saaho
- Are Bunny and Charan not on talking terms? Allu hero clarifies
- DSP opens up about acting debut
- Balancing motherhood and work is quite challenging : Sunny Leone
- Raghava Lawrence’s noble gesture wins hearts
- Prabhudeva, Tamannaah’s 2 movies to release on the same day