Devi Sri Prasad might be one of the most popular music directors in contemporary Telugu cinema, but when it comes to showering praises on another music director, his first choice would be Ilayaraja. Prior to his debut as a music director in Kodi Ramakrishna’s Devi, DSP had learnt carnatic music from renowned mandolinist U Srinivas and right from the beginning, he was inspired by the works of Ilayaraja.
In fact, DSP has a huge portrait of Ilayaraja in his house and he almost considers the music maestro as God. In 2012, when Ilayaraja invited him on stage to sing a song during an audio launch, DSP was literally on cloud nine and called it as ‘the greatest day of my life.’ No wonder, DSP went to meet Ilayaraja to seek his blessings on the occasion of completing 15 years in the industry. “Met d GOD of MUSIC Raja sir today n got his blessings on d occasion of my 15 years of Musical Journey!!!:))),” DSP posted on Twitter.
Meanwhile, DSP is receiving good response for his work in Balakrishna’s Legend and he has quite a few projects lined up for the rest of the year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika to be the face of Vijay’s Rowdy Wear for women
- Rana to produce Jersey’s Tamil remake
- Three talented stars for Dear Comrade’s Anthem
- Mahesh, Vamshi Paidipally’s daughters launch YouTube channel
- SIIMA Awards 2019 gets a new destination
- Terrific suspense to be the highlight of Nani’s next