The recent spate of terrorism related incidents across the world have resulted in increased security and scrutiny along international borders. The once liberal and extremely porous European zone is now going to become more vigilant and immigration officials are putting up new proposals with stringent conditions.
These conditions are making things extremely difficult for film producers, who have to take a large number of people abroad for shoots. Immigration authorities are reportedly requesting a lot of paperwork and are discouraging the use of native crew members for foreign shoots. Sources say that a number of Schengen visa applications for crew members are being rejected .
Film directors and producers may now flock to alternate venues like Bangkok and Dubai, which are far more friendly when it comes to film shoots and permissions.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika opens up about her insecurities
- Bollywood debut on the cards for this star heroine?
- Darbar audio album to be out on this date?
- This is Namrata and Mahesh’s parenting strategy
- Stars descend at Kamal60 Ungal Naan
- Boney Kapoor gets teary eyed at ANR Award for Sridevi