In recent times, online piracy has become one of the biggest issues that had led to loss of revenue for almost all the film industries across the country. Several film producers have taken the matter into their own hands to delete pirated links of their films; however, that hasn’t stopped miscreants from pirating content.
In a welcome move, the government of India announced that it is amending the laws to help the film industry to fight against piracy. The Information & Broadcasting ministry has stated that stringent action will be taken against anyone who tries to record content through smart phone or a voice recorder. To stress on how serious the offense is going to be, the government is mulling to levy Rs 10 lakhs as a fine and also to jail the miscreants for up to 3 years.
This announcement has been welcomed by the film industries across the country. It remains to be seen if it will lead to a massive change at the ground level.
Articles that might interest you:
- AVPL to touch the magical figure in this region?
- Poll : Which of these heroine’s performance did you love the most?
- This is when Pink remake will release?
- Allu Arjun takes solid remuneration for Ala Vaikunthapuramlo
- Mahesh Babu’s daughter re-creates Rashmika’s dialogues from Sarileru’s
- Entha Manchivadavuraa’s two-day collections