There has been a lot of debate whether Telugu film industry will shift its base from Hyderabad, ever since the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh was confirmed. While some producers have stated that some people in film industry might move to either Vizag or Chennai, there’s a huge section in the industry which denies any such development in near future.
When Nagarjuna was asked this question in a recent interview, he clarified saying, “Annapurna Studios was established in Hyderabad in 1974 and it wasn’t until 1990 that almost everyone moved to Hyderabad. I don’t think film industry will move away from Hyderabad anytime soon because it’s not enough to build studios to make films. We need a lot of skilled labour and good technicians to make films. Human resource is a big factor and all that is available in Hyderabad right now.”
Meanwhile, the actor is awaiting the release of Manam which will hit the screens on May 23. Directed by Vikram Kumar, the film also stars ANR, Naga Chaitanya, Samantha and Shriya Saran.
- Final schedule kick-starts for Suriya’s NGK
- Vijay Deverakonda-Rashmika Mandanna’s friendly Twitter banter
- Dhanush to reveal his prestigious film on a special date
- Star heroine’s Bollywood project is half way through
- Kaala finding it tough in overseas