In October last year, popular playback singer and dubbing artiste Chinmayi shocked everyone when she alleged that legendary Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu had assaulted her when she was 18 years old. Since then, Chinmayi has been fighting a lone battle for justice.
Finally, the union government has taken notice of Chinmayi’s plight. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi responded to Chinmayi’s desperate tweet seeking support. Maneka assured Chinmayi that she has taken up her case with the National Council for Women (NCW).
Apart from Chinmayi, several other aspiring singers too had alleged that Vairamuthu had harassed them by promising work.
— Maneka Gandhi (@Manekagandhibjp) February 27, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Viral Video: Nagarjuna grooves to Chiranjeevi’s song
- Ponniyin Selvan ticket prices locked in Hyderabad
- Venue locked for Swathimuthyam’s trailer launch
- Official: Date locked for God Father’s pre-release event
- Latest: Vikram’s Cobra locks its OTT release date
- Sree Vishnu’s new film launched with a pooja ceremony