In October last year, popular playback singer and dubbing artiste Chinmayi shocked everyone when she alleged that legendary Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu had assaulted her when she was 18 years old. Since then, Chinmayi has been fighting a lone battle for justice.
Finally, the union government has taken notice of Chinmayi’s plight. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi responded to Chinmayi’s desperate tweet seeking support. Maneka assured Chinmayi that she has taken up her case with the National Council for Women (NCW).
Apart from Chinmayi, several other aspiring singers too had alleged that Vairamuthu had harassed them by promising work.
— Maneka Gandhi (@Manekagandhibjp) February 27, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Happy that Chiru sir’s long-cherished wish is fulfilled by Charan: Rajamouli
- Bigg Boss has special plans for Rahul Sipligunj’s re-entry
- Koratala Siva to break the sentiment for his next?
- PK yells at guards for stopping fan
- Amar Chitra Katha to release a comic on Sye Raa
- Sai Madhav Burra’s Chiru moment