Popular director Gunasekhar recently announced an ambitious mythological film, titled Shaakuntalam. The historic significance of this epic love saga of Shakuntala and King Dushyant created more buzz on the movie.
Yesterday, Gunasekhar took to Twitter and revealed the greatness and legacy of the project he has taken up. This epic drama by Kalidas was the first Indian drama translated into foreign languages. After William Jones translated it in the year 1789, the drama was later translated into 46 foreign languages such as Norwegian, French, Italian etc in 1889.
Meanwhile, Gunasekhar is yet to zero in on the actress who will portray the titular role in the movie. Manisharma will score the soundtrack for this Neelima Guna production.
— Gunaa Teamworks (@GunaaTeamworks) October 30, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Confirmed- This is how much Amitabh is being paid for Prabhas’ film
- Virata Parvam resumes its shoot finally
- Akshay Kumar meets UP CM Yogi; Here’s why?
- Poonam gets her chest inked with a crazy tattoo
- Probable box office collections of Janhvi’s Gunjan Saxena
- Won’t tolerate if anyone targets Pawan Kalyan: Bandla Ganesh