Perhaps, no other director in Indian cinema can command as much adulation and equal,if not higher, amounts of hatred as Ram Gopal Varma. The maverick movie maker’s films always bring out extreme reactions from people- they either love it or hate it.
RGV was born on April 7th 1962 and he turns 50 today. His claim to fame was the sensational 1989 flick ‘Shiva’, a film which changed the course of the Telugu Film Industry and greatly influenced a whole generation of new directors. After a series of cult classics like ‘Kshana Kshanam’, ‘Antham’ and ‘Govinda Govinda’, Ramu packed his bags and left for Bollywood. To this day, RGV is the only South Indian director to have made a strong and lasting impact on the Hindi industry.
His fascination for gangster elements, unique camera angles and realistic drama can be seen in his films. He also has the unique ability to turn anything and everything to his advantage. This summer, RGV will be coming before us with his gritty cop drama ‘Department’.
Love him or hate him, but there can never be another film maker like him. Happy Birthday RGV and may you continue to be just the way you want to be.
- Vishal, Mohanlal’s Pulijudam to be 25 mins shorter than its original
- EC passes a ban on those two actors films
- Prabhas all set to resume Prabhas20’s shoot
- Bithiri Sathi’s hilarious role in senior director’s next
- Gully Boy star is a fanboy of Allu Arjun
- Karthikeya continues his bold act with Hippi