The names Hema Malini and Rekhla are associated with Bollywood. However not many are aware that their first screen appearances were in Telugu movies. They were among the first leading ladies from the South to carve out the top heroine status in Bollywood. Both are accomplished dancers and striking personalities in their own way.
Rekha made her debut in the Telugu movie Rangula Ratnam as a child artiste. Her first film as a heroine was opposite Rajkumar in a Kannada film. She then went on to Bollywood and established herself as a leading lady with the who’s who of the industry. Hema Malini too incidentally had her first screen appearance in the Telugu film Pandava Vanavasam (as a dancer).
But after that she made her full-fledged debut in the film Sapnon Ki Saudagar, and from there on there was no looking back. Between them these two leading ladies acted in over 330 films. Both are considered style icons even today
- Pooja Hegde reveals fun side of Akshay Kumar
- Mohanlal slammed for his insensitive comments on #MeToo movement
- Ajith to team up with his favorite director for the fifth time?
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule