The names Hema Malini and Rekhla are associated with Bollywood. However not many are aware that their first screen appearances were in Telugu movies. They were among the first leading ladies from the South to carve out the top heroine status in Bollywood. Both are accomplished dancers and striking personalities in their own way.
Rekha made her debut in the Telugu movie Rangula Ratnam as a child artiste. Her first film as a heroine was opposite Rajkumar in a Kannada film. She then went on to Bollywood and established herself as a leading lady with the who’s who of the industry. Hema Malini too incidentally had her first screen appearance in the Telugu film Pandava Vanavasam (as a dancer).
But after that she made her full-fledged debut in the film Sapnon Ki Saudagar, and from there on there was no looking back. Between them these two leading ladies acted in over 330 films. Both are considered style icons even today
Articles that might interest you:
- Naga Chaitanya to work on to movies simultaneously?
- Akhil captures Nag, Samantha’s fun moments
- This title more or less confirmed for Pawan-Krish film?
- RGV in no mood to slow down-Locks his next
- Hot and happening celeb to be a part of Bigg Boss 4?
- After Amitabh, Abhishek also tests positive for COVID-19