“Kolaveri di” loosely translated would read as murderous rage. The lyrics, if one hears them in the original version (Tamil) are pretty laughable. And the music honestly is no great shakes either. Call it, the sign of the times, if you will the song has become a rage across India. Ironically the phrase is being passed around to calm people who seem to have a short fuse. Nearly 4 million hits on You Tube is for starters. Dhanush, the singer himself is pleasantly surprised. He says he almost had “kaatchal” (fever) thinking that he would actually be singing, when there was a trained singer in the lead – Shruthi Hasan. But nonetheless he pressed on. And the results have gone beyond anyone’s expectations. Anirudh Ravichander, Rajini’s nephew was the song composer and he thinks, it would be highly impossible to pull another number like that. The song is in the movie “3” which is produced by Rajini’s daughter Aishwarya, and it is awaiting release amidst this insane hype that this quirky number has generated.
- Mammootty gets a grand welcome from Yatra makers
- Sree Vishnu’s striking makeover garners attention
- Fans defend Vijay amid Sarkar’s first look controversy
- Press Note : Dallas Dreamz Productions Tarana Series 2 Album Launch on June 23, 2018 at Dallas
- Suresh Babu confirms Venky-Rana multi-starrer