Samantha has been quite vocal about several issues, including the need for better roles for women and work environment, over the past few years, and at times, she has faced flak for her opinions. However, she has only grown stronger with time and now she is a leading voice in the industry.
Interestingly, despite facing backlash for her stand against some bigwigs in Tamil Industry, Chinmayi was brought onboard to dub for Samantha in the Tamil version of Oh! Baby. When Samantha was asked about her support to Chinmayi, in a recent interview, the actress said, “The #MeToo movement has helped in forging a strong sisterhood where women support each other. I am proud of Chinmayi; it takes a lot of guts to do what she has done. She’s been facing backlash. One shouldn’t have to go through that when you’ve done nothing wrong. I believe that she’s earning a lot of good karma and only good things will happen to her.”
Directed by Nandini Reddy, Oh! Baby has Samantha playing the lead role, along with Lakshmi, Urvashi, Rajendra Prasad, and Naga Shaurya. The film is slated for release on July 5.
Articles that might interest you:
- Charan’s shoot for Acharya only happening because of Rajamouli
- Rhea blames these major people in Sushanth’s death
- Actress-Singer was asked to go to Karan Johar’s parties to bag roles
- Latest update on SP Balasubramanyam’s funeral
- SPB’s death is a dark day for Indian cinema-Chiranjeevi
- SPB Departs: Devastated Tollywood mourns its beloved son’s loss