Anushka is one of the few actresses today who can carry an entire film on her shoulders. Ever since Arundhati turned out to be a blockbuster, she’s probably the first choice for any director who might be planning a period drama. Currently, she’s acting in S S Rajamouli’s Baahubali, Gunasekhar’s Rudhramadevi and in both these films, she’s playing the role of a princess.
In a recent interview, when she was asked her opinion about filmmakers coming forward to invest Rs 50 crores in her films, she laughed and said, “It’s not like they are paying me Rs 50 crores. I see it as a huge responsibility and I try to do my best to do justice to my role.” Further, when she was asked if she considers herself the number one actress in Telugu since she’s acting in two huge projects, Anushka replied, “I don’t believe in number game and I never let that thought enter my mind. Sometimes, even success isn’t guaranteed. So, I concentrate only on my work.”
She was recently seen in Selvaraghavan’s Varna and for the past few months, she hasn’t signed any new projects. Since both Baahubali and Rudhramadevi are taking up all her time, the actress is reportedly looking forward to hear scripts only after wrapping up Rudhramadevi next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Here’s when Mahesh had his first crush on Namrata
- Mahesh’s latest statement on film with Puri Jagannadh
- Bollywood gets green signal to start film shootings!
- Mahesh Babu opens up about Gautham’s acting plans!
- Will Shruti say yes to remake of Kamal-Rajini’s cult film?
- Chiru, Charan and Upasana escape unhurt in a Honeybee attack