Legendary actor Kamal Haasan suffered severe financial losses due to several ban and re-bans on his film on global terrorism, Vishwaroopam, a few years ago. At one point, a distraught Kamal even threatened to quit Tamil Nadu if his film is not allowed to hit the screens without political hindrances.
In a latest media interaction, Kamal said, “I hate to reiterate a known fact,” said, “my film, Vishwaroopam, was banned and almost sabotaged by the then Tamil Nadu government. All my property was pledged. I was humiliated, almost destroyed.”
Kamal continued saying, “I lost Rs.60 crore. For someone who pays his tax regularly, that is a crippling loss. Thanks to people, I’m still walking.” On the other hand, Vishwaroopam’s sequel has been lying in the cans for the last couple of years.
- 2.0 to beat Baahubali 2’s record today
- Bollywood star to play Pullela Gopichand
- 2.0 enters $5M club; Inches towards the target
- Bhairava Geetha to finally get censor clearance
- Hit Bollywood rom-com to be remade in Telugu