Music Maestro Ilayaraja has received a rare honour. At this year’s London Olympics, scheduled to begin in July, Ilayaraja’s song from the 1981 Kamal Haasan flick ‘Ram Lakshman’ will be played along with a few other samples of world music as part of the opening ceremony. The song is ‘Nanthaan Ungappanda’ and this opening ceremony is going to be conducted in a spectacular fashion by Danny Boyle, the director of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
Ilayaraja himself is said to have been quite surprised by this decision, more so since the song is not among his most popular ones. The opening ceremony is going to be unveiled at a cost of 27Million pounds and it is indeed a great honour for our very own Ilayaraja to be a part of this. Congratulations Sir.
- C/O Kancharapalem’s trailer gets a thumbs up from celebs and movie lovers
- Geetha Govindam strikes half-a-million-dollar in the US
- Staggering remuneration for Ram Charan’s villain
- Culprit who leaked Aravindha Sametha’s raw footage is still absconding
- Makers of NTR & Kapil Dev biopics to produce Jayalalithaa’s biopic