Mem Famous, the recently released small yet charming village drama, has turned out to be a double blockbuster at the box office. The film marks the silver screen debut of actor-director Sumanth Prabhas. Producers Anurag and Sharath of Chai Bisket Films and Chandru Manoharan of Lahari Films are reaping in huge profits off Mem Famous.
A major credit for Mem Famous’ massive success goes to the innovative promotions with the band chalked out by the makers. Right from roping in several Telugu and Tamil film stars to promote their film to going on promotional tours in various cities and towns across Telangana, the makers got everything right in drawing the audiences to theaters in huge numbers.
Mem Famous has grossed Rs 3.10 crore in its first weekend and over Rs 5 crore in 6 days of its release and it has entered into profits in all the territories. Mem Famous’ total budget was Rs 4 Cr, including prints and publicity. The non-theatrical rights were sold for Rs 5 Cr. So, it’s already a double blockbuster for the makers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Sapta Sagaralu Dhaati – Side A – Slow but Passable
- Review : Matti Katha – Has its moments
- Review : Ashtadigbandhanam – Only for few thrills
- Vassishta – Chiranjeevi Garu will be seen in a mature role in Mega157
- Lack of releases gives Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty a solid advantage
- Bigg Boss 7 Telugu-Sympathy factor growing for Prince Yawar