Nani is all set to play the role of a cricketer in his upcoming film Jersey. Directed by Gowtam Tinnanuri, the film is going to be produced by Nagavamsi Suryadevara under Sithara Entertainments banner. The team is yet to finalize the rest of the cast and contrary to what the rumours say, Shruti Haasan hasn’t signed the film yet.
Meanwhile, in a recent interview, Gowtham Tinnanuri revealed some interesting details about the film and confirmed that it is a period sports drama which is set between 1986 and 1996. “It’s a story about a late bloomer who realizes his talent at a certain age and pursues his dream to join Indian cricket team. It is the success story of a failure,” Gowtham said.
The film is expected to go on floors later this year and prior to that, Nani will undergo extensive training to prepare himself for the role. More details about the cast and the crew will be announced soon.
- Update on Ravi Teja-VI Anand’s film
- Aravinda Sametha’s Peniviti song gets an unanimous thumbs up
- Akhil’s ultra stylish look in Mr. Majnu’s teaser wows fans
- Brazilian model to debut with Akhil’s Mr Majnu
- Poll : What did you think of Mr.Majnu’s first look?