Released on the same date five years back, Malayalam film, Premam ended up as an evergreen hit. Starring Nivin Pauly, Sai Pallavi, and Madonna Sebastian in the lead roles, the film is directed by Alphonse Puthren.
Later, the film was remade in Telugu with the same title and became a hit at the box office. Meanwhile, on the occasion of the film’s fifth anniversary, the original creator, Alphonse Puthren revealed that versatile actor Dulquer Salmaan was the first choice for the film.
As per his version, as Dulquer could not adjust the call sheets he went ahead with Nivin Pauly. Post Premam’s release, Nivin Pauly emerged as a star in Malayalam and there has been no looking back for him.
Articles that might interest you:
- Lockdown Review : Cocktail-Tamil film on Zee5
- Ranbir Kapoor’s soccer game becomes an issue
- Noted female anchor to be a part of Bigg Boss 4?
- Poll : What are you watching the most during this lockdown?
- Akhil in talks with this director?
- Ravi Teja’s Krack to go the OTT way?