The song ‘Chitapata Chinukulu’ needs no introduction. It is one of the most popular Telugu movie songs of all time. This song is from the movie ‘Athma Balam’, starring ANR and B.Saroja Devi. The film has completed 50 years and a special feature has been published in most newspapers about the movie.
Interestingly, there is a very real and fascinating story behind the birth of this song. Apparently, director V.Madhusudhana Rao, producer B.V.Rajendra Prasad and lyricist Athreya were camping in Bangalore’s Brindavan hotel. Despite his best attempts, Athreya could not come up with a decent song.
To seek inspiration, the legendary lyricist went to Cubbon Park in the early hours. While sitting at Cubbon Park, Athreya’s thoughts were disturbed by a sudden drizzle and he noticed people running for cover. But a young couple caught Athreya’s attention. They were romancing each other behind some bushes, oblivious to the rain.
Athreya’s mind went into overdrive and that is how this legendary song came into existence!
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry