Ever since Akshay Kumar announced that his upcoming Hindi film ‘Padman’, which is based on a true story, will release on January 25, there have been several reports suggesting that Shankar, Rajinikanth’s 2.0, which also stars Akshay in a crucial role, might be postponed to April. However, soon, the makers of 2.0 clarified that there won’t be a change in the release date of the film.
Interestingly, when Akshay Kumar was asked this question in a recent interview whether both his films would clash at the box-office, he said that there’s no way that the two films will release on the same day. “It’s either 2.0 or Padman as a Republic Day special. While Padman is a film that I have produced, 2.0 belongs to Shankar, Rajinikanth and Lyca Productions. They will decide whether they want to release the film on Republic Day. If they do, I will postpone Padman and if they don’t, I will go ahead,” Akshay Kumar said.
Directed by Shankar, 2.0 is being touted as the most expensive film ever in the history of Indian cinema. It also stars Amy Jackson in a lead role.
Articles that might interest you:
- ETV’s special Ugadi event rakes in solid TRP’s
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s world TV premiere sets a massive new record
- Star director trying hard for Mahesh’s appointment?
- Poll: Post RRR, Will NTR click in Bollywood?
- With Bheeshma’s hit, Nithin’s next in safe zone already
- Legendary singer SPB’s unique fundraiser in Corona times