Ever since Akshay Kumar announced that his upcoming Hindi film ‘Padman’, which is based on a true story, will release on January 25, there have been several reports suggesting that Shankar, Rajinikanth’s 2.0, which also stars Akshay in a crucial role, might be postponed to April. However, soon, the makers of 2.0 clarified that there won’t be a change in the release date of the film.
Interestingly, when Akshay Kumar was asked this question in a recent interview whether both his films would clash at the box-office, he said that there’s no way that the two films will release on the same day. “It’s either 2.0 or Padman as a Republic Day special. While Padman is a film that I have produced, 2.0 belongs to Shankar, Rajinikanth and Lyca Productions. They will decide whether they want to release the film on Republic Day. If they do, I will postpone Padman and if they don’t, I will go ahead,” Akshay Kumar said.
Directed by Shankar, 2.0 is being touted as the most expensive film ever in the history of Indian cinema. It also stars Amy Jackson in a lead role.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production kick-starts for Venky’s next
- Pokiri was an important point in my life: Vijay Deverakonda
- Vijay takes on all-India stars; Bigil trailer becomes the most liked
- KGF actress Srinidhi Shetty signs a biggie
- Nayanthara to team up with this star hero for the 5th time?
- Young heroine ready for glamor roles