Recently, the governments of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka giving permissions to the filmmakers in their states to resume the post-production formalities. This gave a new hope to many Tollywood filmmakers who were expecting the Telangana government to allow carrying out the editing, dubbing, sound mixing, VFX and other post-production works.
However, Telangana State Film Development Corporation (TSFDC) Chairman Ram Mohan Rao told a leading English daily that the government has informed three TSFDC to not carry out any post-production works until May 29. However, filmmakers are hopeful that CM KCR will change his decision after his review meeting on May 15.
The ongoing lockdown has left thousands of daily wage cine workers jobless and scores of films of and high budgets have been stalled at various stages of production.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 4: Twist in the end; Dethadi Harika not eliminated
- Young South actor to land a key role in Prabhas’ Adipurush
- This upcoming anthology film to get an OTT release?
- Andrea Jeremiah bags an interesting project
- Niharika hits the gym with her brother’s heroine
- Noted producers venture into hotel business