It looks like Jhanvi Kapoor, daughter of iconic actress Sridevi, is fast becoming one of the most sought after actresses among newcomers in Bollywood. The youngster made her debut earlier this year with Dhadak, and she was recently signed up for a Karan Johar’s magnum opus titled Takht.
The latest buzz is that Jhanvi is going to be roped in as the lead actress in the sequel to Dostana. To be directed by Tarun Mansukhani, the film will have Siddarth Malhotra in a lead role, and the makers are going to rope in another lead actor for the film. The original version, which released in 2008, had Priyanka Chopra, John Abraham, and Abhishek Bacchan in lead roles.
Incidentally, the project has further led cemented belief that Karan Johar has become Jhanvi’s mentor and is playing an important role in shaping her career. More details about this sequel are awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Makers trash rumors of Vijay’s next
- Suspense continues for Mahesh’s villain from Sarkaru Vaari Paata
- Kapatadhaari’s music rights bagged by Aditya Music
- This is how and where you can watch Shakeela’s Ladies Not Allowed
- Yash’s KGF witnesses good TRP ratings
- Another hero lives in a separate room after shooting