Tamil actor Jiiva, best known to the Telugu audiences for his lead role as a journalist in Rangam, is set to make his Bollywood foray with the biographical sports drama ’83. Playing Krishnamachari Srikanth, aka Chika, his complete transformation for the film surely impressed everyone who got a glimpse of his look.
But apparently, the transformation was no easy task. Speaking to a leading English daily, Jiiva shared that “the transformation didn’t happen overnight”. While he grew his hair and moustache for his look in the film, the preparation for the role was very nuanced.
Jiiva, who is a diehard cricket lover himself, has played a lot of gully cricket as a kid but he reveals that moulding his style into that of Krishnamachari Srikanth was a tough task. He got help from veteran cricketer Balwanth Singh Sandhu who guided him on what changes were to be made to fit into the character perfectly.
He said, “I breathed this character and lived the role, and playing him perfectly was a big deal for me. But I was confident I could pull it off because I have had the opportunity to interact with him and I’ve followed his game.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Post a lull, star heroine back to her glamorous best
- Chiranjeevi rejecting noted directors – What’s the reason?
- Rajinikanth’s cold attitude with political entry hurting fans
- Bigg Boss 4 – Big rift between couples, no more romantic angle
- Poll : Who according to you will win the GHMC 2020 elections?
- Mahesh Babu’s AMB Cinemas announce their reopening