Veteran Bollywood star Vinod Khanna’s passing away left many of his fans and well-wishers in the film industry in a state of grief. In a condolence meeting that was held recently, legendary actor Kamal Haasan revealed how Vinod Khanna’s 1973 movie, Achanak, had a lasting impression on his life.
“Achanak is a film that changed my life. When I saw it at 18 for the first time, I was encouraged to become a director. Vinod Khanna was a precursor to Stallone’s First Blood. It’s the story of a betrayed commando who goes on a rampage. Sylvester Stallone did it many years ago. Now, I want to see where I can take this character.”
This clearly means that Kamal may direct either an adaptation or a sequel to Achanak in the near future. Achanak was directed by Gulzar and produced by Raj N Sippy and Romu N Sippy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anil Ravipudi not keen to direct F2’s Bollywood remake
- Star hero to join F2 sequel?
- Is this Ajay Devgn’s role in RRR?
- Curiosity builds up over Samantha’s role in ‘The Family Man’
- Diso Raja desperately needs a solid start at the box office
- Sudheer Varma to remake a Korean film?