Legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan on Tuesday announced that there will be no more films for him as his plunge into politics for the people of Tamil Nadu is “final and irreversible”. “Except for the two films which are coming out, there will be no more films for me,” Kamal said in an interview with a news channel at Harvard University.
Kamal said that he will have to do something for an honest living, when asked whether he would stick to politics even if he loses the election. He exuded confidence and said, “I don’t think I am going to lose.”
The 63-year-old stalwart further said that he is not here (politics) to improve his bank account. “I could have led a happy, retired, popular life. My decision to come into politics is as I do not want to die merely as an actor. I will die in the service of people and that I have promised myself,” Kamal said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Upasana chosen as WWF India’s Ambassador
- RRR- Rajamouli to keep mum on the release date?
- Poll : What’s your take on the teaser of Ashok Galla’s Hero?
- Mahesh Babu launches teaser of Ashok Galla’s ‘HERO’
- Varsha Bollamma from Stand Up Rahul looks cool
- Nani makes special plans to wrap up Shyam Singha Roy