Legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan on Tuesday announced that there will be no more films for him as his plunge into politics for the people of Tamil Nadu is “final and irreversible”. “Except for the two films which are coming out, there will be no more films for me,” Kamal said in an interview with a news channel at Harvard University.
Kamal said that he will have to do something for an honest living, when asked whether he would stick to politics even if he loses the election. He exuded confidence and said, “I don’t think I am going to lose.”
The 63-year-old stalwart further said that he is not here (politics) to improve his bank account. “I could have led a happy, retired, popular life. My decision to come into politics is as I do not want to die merely as an actor. I will die in the service of people and that I have promised myself,” Kamal said.
- Began groundwork for Mahesh’s film with Nannu Dochukunduvate: Sudheer Babu
- Buzz for Deva Das picks up
- Mahesh Babu excited to watch Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Geetha Govindam continues to impress
- Press Note: “YATRA” Overseas By Nirvana Cinemas