Legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan on Tuesday announced that there will be no more films for him as his plunge into politics for the people of Tamil Nadu is “final and irreversible”. “Except for the two films which are coming out, there will be no more films for me,” Kamal said in an interview with a news channel at Harvard University.
Kamal said that he will have to do something for an honest living, when asked whether he would stick to politics even if he loses the election. He exuded confidence and said, “I don’t think I am going to lose.”
The 63-year-old stalwart further said that he is not here (politics) to improve his bank account. “I could have led a happy, retired, popular life. My decision to come into politics is as I do not want to die merely as an actor. I will die in the service of people and that I have promised myself,” Kamal said.
Articles that might interest you:
- My grandpa’s dream was to see me as a hero : Abhiram Daggubati
- Film shoots in problems with new conditions
- Latest update on Saaho director Sujeeth’s engagement
- Sai Dharam Tej to do a hilarious period drama?
- Noted Tollywood music composer suffers heart attack
- Lockdown Review : Chintu Ka Birthday – Hindi film on Zee 5