On this day, in 1960, a 6-year-old child artiste made his acting debut with the acclaimed Tamil film, Kalathur Kannamma, and the rest is history. He is the legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan. In the film, Kamal shared screen space with the legendary yesteryear stars Gemini Ganesan and Savithri. Kamal went on to win the National Award for Best Child Actor for his debut performance.
Since then, Kamal acted in nearly 240 movies and even scripted, produced and directed several iconic movies. The multifaceted stalwart launched his political party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, and took a plunge in active politics. His ardent fans are trending the hashtag #60PathBreakingYrsOfKamal on social media as they celebrate the actor’s 6 memorable decades in movies.
Articles that might interest you:
- Evaru, Ranarangam’s first weekend Nizam collections
- Suresh Babu unveils Choosi Choodangaane’s first look
- Bunny is all praise for Evaru
- Want to see Prabhas as an international star: Krishnam Raju
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 18-08-2019
- Adivi Sesh thanks Nag, Bunny and Samantha