On this day, in 1960, a 6-year-old child artiste made his acting debut with the acclaimed Tamil film, Kalathur Kannamma, and the rest is history. He is the legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan. In the film, Kamal shared screen space with the legendary yesteryear stars Gemini Ganesan and Savithri. Kamal went on to win the National Award for Best Child Actor for his debut performance.
Since then, Kamal acted in nearly 240 movies and even scripted, produced and directed several iconic movies. The multifaceted stalwart launched his political party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, and took a plunge in active politics. His ardent fans are trending the hashtag #60PathBreakingYrsOfKamal on social media as they celebrate the actor’s 6 memorable decades in movies.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poor luck continues for Telugu girl?
- Vishwak Sen to foray into digital world
- Rakul Preet pins hope on this do or die film
- This is Venkatesh’s remuneration for Naarappa?
- Lockdown effect: Allu Aravind’s Aha down for a while
- Shah Rukh wins hearts with his Corona relief initiatives