Actor-filmmaker Lawrence has remade his blockbuster horror comedy, Kanchana, in Hindi. Titled Laxmmi Bomb, the film features Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and happening actress Kiara Advani in lead roles.
As per the latest update, Laxmmi Bomb’s world digital premiere will be on Disney Plus Hotstar on November 9, as a Diwali festive treat. Apparently, the leading OTT platform is rumoured to have acquired the film’s exclusive streaming rights for a whopping Rs 125 crore.
Akshay and Laxmmi Bomb makers’ decision to skip the theatrical release due to the lockdown and opt for a direct OTT release was heavily criticised by the exhibitor’s associations across the country. Let’s wait until November to see if the film will live up to the risk the makers have taken.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tenet actress in Shahrukh Khan’s Pathan
- Wonder Women 1984 to have its first release in India
- Anjali shocks with her controversial avatar in the Netflix film
- First look of Parvati Nair’s next is impressive
- Christopher Nolan’s special message for Indian fans ahead of Tenet’s release
- Pooja Hegde lowers her remuneration for her next