It’s well known that a pan-India biopic on the inspiring life of Olympic medalist from Srikakulam Karnam Malleswari is in the works. Ever since the announcement of biopic, there has been a lot of curiosity about the actress who will play the titular role. Names of star heroines such as Anushka, Taapsee and Samantha did several rounds for a while.
Now, the latest buzz is that it’s star heroine Rakul Preet who has been finalized to portray the weightlifting legend on the big screen. Rakul is one of the most fittest actresses in the country and even her pan-India popularity will be an added advantage for the biopic. However, an official announcement regarding this speculation is awaited.
Raju Gaadu fame Sanjana Reddy will direct this prestigious project, while noted writer-filmmaker Kona Venkat will be bankrolling the film in association with MP MVV Satyanarayana.
Articles that might interest you:
- Demand for Bharat Ratna to SP Balasubrahmanyam intensifies
- Confessions of Deepika, Shraddha and Sara in NCB inquiry
- Ilayaraja offers special prayers in SP Balasubrahmanyam’s memory
- Shruti reveals an interesting story about Kamal Haasan
- Sneha Ullal, Madhu Shalini team up for a thrilling web series
- When SPB urged people to not use prefixes to his name