It’s well known that a pan-India biopic on the inspiring life of Olympic medalist from Srikakulam Karnam Malleswari is in the works. Ever since the announcement of biopic, there has been a lot of curiosity about the actress who will play the titular role. Names of star heroines such as Anushka, Taapsee and Samantha did several rounds for a while.
Now, the latest buzz is that it’s star heroine Rakul Preet who has been finalized to portray the weightlifting legend on the big screen. Rakul is one of the most fittest actresses in the country and even her pan-India popularity will be an added advantage for the biopic. However, an official announcement regarding this speculation is awaited.
Raju Gaadu fame Sanjana Reddy will direct this prestigious project, while noted writer-filmmaker Kona Venkat will be bankrolling the film in association with MP MVV Satyanarayana.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas’s crazy role in Salaar explained?
- Juicy gossip on Rajamouli-Mahesh Babu film
- Keerthy Suresh looks regal in her latest avatar
- Naveen Polishetty has no time for Bollywood
- Anil Ravipudi makes a big update on Mahesh Babu’s film
- MS Raju gears up with another youthful film