Super Star Rajinikanth’s gangster drama, Kaala, is slated for a grand worldwide release on June 7. However, the film’s release in Karnataka has been in a tricky situation as several fringe Kannada political groups have been protesting against Rajini’s statement on Cauvery River water board formation.
Adding fuel to the fire, Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said yesterday that Kannadaigas don’t want Kaala to release in the state. “It has come to my attention (the demand for a ban on Kaala). The people of Karnataka and the Karnataka Film Chambers of Commerce don’t want Kaala to release here. A few pro-Kannada organisations have also requested me not to allow Kaala release. I will consider it and make a decision,” the Chief Minister said in a media interaction yesterday.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy