Karthi has been one of the few actors in Tamil cinema who has been juggling between village and urban based stories with great ease. Right from his debut film Paruthiveeran, which earned him a lot of awards, to his upcoming film Chinna Babu, the actor has been making it a point to do rural dramas from time to time.
In a recent interview, when he was asked about his love for village based dramas, the actor compared it with swimming in a river. “We might enjoy swimming in a pool, but it’s also important to learn how to swim in a river. Village based dramas are like swimming in a river. The current is high and it’s a lot more strenuous compared to swimming in a pool. I have always been fascinated by village life and a lot of stuff that you see in my films is inspired from the body language of my grandfather and uncles back in my native village,” he said.
The actor also acknowledged the importance of relationships within a family and added that more than money and fame, it’s the time you spend with your family that counts more in your life. Chinna Babu, which will release in Tamil as Kadai Kutty Singam, has been directed by Pandiraj and it is slated for release on July 13.
Articles that might interest you:
- Box office: Ala Vaikunthapuramlo’s occupancy raises during weekend
- Mahesh Babu proves why he is the most successful in Tollywood
- Disco Raja’s first-day collections in AP/TG
- Tamannaah opens up about the books that changed her life
- Poll : Which of these two Pawan Kalyan films are you eagerly looking forward to?
- Star producer buys Nizam rights of Chiru’s next?