Keerthy Suresh, who impressed everyone with her performance in Mahanati, is said to be one of the frontrunners to play a female lead in an upcoming multi-starrer titled Marakkar : Arabikadalinte Simham. To be directed by Priyadarshan, the film has Mohanlal playing the lead character, and Keerthy might play the lead role opposite the star, if all goes well.
The film is based on the story of a legendary naval chieftain from the Kozhikode region, and Priyadarshan is making the film on a lavish scale. The magnum opus will also feature Sunil Shetty in an important role.
Meanwhile, Keerthy’s recent film Saamy Square, where she was paired with Vikram, earned mixed reviews and it remains to be seen how it holds fort at the box office next week. She also has Murugadoss’ Sarkar slated for release later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Massive setback for Saaho
- Priyadarshi’s Mallesham gets a release date
- Sharwanand’s next with this director?
- Star hero’s father passes away
- Big test for Falaknukma Das
- Poll: Which of these Sharwanand films will be a bigger hit?