Keerthy Suresh starrer Mahanati is easily one of the most talked biopics of the year. Directed by Nag Ashwin, the actress has played the role of Savitri in this film which also stars Dulquer Salman, Samantha, Vijay Devarakonda, Prakash Raj, Mohan Babu, Shalini Pandey, Malavika Nair to name a few.
In a recent interview, Keerthy revealed that the story is narrated from Samantha’s perspective, and the latter has played the role of a journalist. “When Nag Ashwin narrated the story to me, I kept wondering if it was too early in my career to play such a fascinating role. But there’s so much more to Savitri than what people know, and I was quite impressed with the screenplay of the film,” she said.
Although she has acted in quite a few big budget Telugu and Tamil films in recent times, Keerthy confesses that Mahanati is the biggest film she has done so far because of its scale. “I have about 120 costumes in the film. Average number of costumes for a heroine in a film is about 30. The film is set in golden era, so you can imagine the magnificent the sets would look on screen,” Keerthy added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Tamil hero to undergo a minor surgery
- Ruler’s teaser: Balayya rules the show with mass and style
- Phenomenal rise in RRR heroine Olivia’s Twitter followers
- K A Paul files a petition against Kamma Rajyamlo Kadapa Redlu
- Curiosity builds up over Ruler’s teaser
- Nagarjuna’s role revealed in Brahmastra