Keerthy Suresh starrer Mahanati is easily one of the most talked biopics of the year. Directed by Nag Ashwin, the actress has played the role of Savitri in this film which also stars Dulquer Salman, Samantha, Vijay Devarakonda, Prakash Raj, Mohan Babu, Shalini Pandey, Malavika Nair to name a few.
In a recent interview, Keerthy revealed that the story is narrated from Samantha’s perspective, and the latter has played the role of a journalist. “When Nag Ashwin narrated the story to me, I kept wondering if it was too early in my career to play such a fascinating role. But there’s so much more to Savitri than what people know, and I was quite impressed with the screenplay of the film,” she said.
Although she has acted in quite a few big budget Telugu and Tamil films in recent times, Keerthy confesses that Mahanati is the biggest film she has done so far because of its scale. “I have about 120 costumes in the film. Average number of costumes for a heroine in a film is about 30. The film is set in golden era, so you can imagine the magnificent the sets would look on screen,” Keerthy added.
Articles that might interest you:
- No truth in Pawan Kalyan director’s digital debut
- Confirmed: This star hero gearing up for a digital debut
- Pawan fans storm social media with advance birthday celebrations
- Allu Aravind’s OTT platform, AHA is a big hit
- Miss India not going the OTT way
- Mega hero tests negative for COVID 19