Released on this day, in 1968, Superstar Krishna’s Asadhyudu completed 50 years today. On the eve of the film’s Golden Jubilee celebrations, Krishna released a video message and reminisced about the movie and his 15 minute act as the freedom fighter Alluri Seetharama Raju.
Asadhyudu was Superstar’s first Sankranthi release and it was a good hit. Vanisri, Chalam, KR Vijaya, Mukkamala and Arudra played important roles in the movie. Ramachandra Rao was the film’s director and Kantha Rao and SH Hussain were the producers.
- Much-awaited Bollywood biopic to be shot in Hyderabad
- Yesteryear heroine Rambha blessed with a baby boy
- NTR spotted spending lonely time in Milan
- Forgotten director to make a comeback
- Finally, young hero buys a smartphone