Today is the 89th Jayanthi of Nandamuri Taraka Ramarao garu, or Anna garu as he is fondly known. Legend NTR was born into a small farming family in the village of Nimmakuru in Krishna District on 28th May 1923. With over 320 films to his credit, NTR rose to prominence as an actor par excellence and utterly dominated the genres of folklore and mythology.
With legendary films like ‘Pathala Bhairavi’, ‘Maya Bazaar’, ‘Missamma’, ‘Gundamma Katha’ , ‘Ramudu – Bheemudu’, ‘Dana Veera Soora Karna’, ‘Bobbili Puli’, “Vetagadu’ and many many more blockbusters spread over four decades, NTR became the most prominent star of Telugu Cinema. He was especially adept at portraying negative characters like Ravana and Duryodhana in a heroic way.
NTR was a darling of the masses and with his unbelievable performance in the roles of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, he gained mythical status among Telugu people.Always a fighter, NTR never gave up even in the face of impossible odds. He was also an accomplished director and producer. NTR’s life is a revelation and his courage, an inspiration. He will forever remain in the hearts of Telugu people for his peerless services to the Telugu community.
- Interesting title for Kanchana’s Bollywood remake
- Avengers: Endgame set for a $300M North American opening weekend
- Announcement of National Film Awards postponed due to Elections
- NTR’s latest pictures lead to injury rumors
- Venky Mama’s Hyderabad schedule underway
- DSP saved from the wrath of Mahesh’s fans