Master director Mani Ratnam’s latest release ‘OK Bangaram’ has been doing exceptionally both in Tamil Nadu and the two Telugu states. However, the piracy menace has hit the film and high quality prints of the Tamil version, ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’, have been doing the rounds on the internet.
Yesterday, Mani Ratnam approached the Madras High Court against twelve Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and two websites against the broadcasting of the film’s pirated version and the court immediately granted an interim ban on the accused ISPs and websites.
In the petition, Mani Ratnam opined that online piracy can be curbed only by blocking the access to websites that host pirated films and that the ISPs should join hands in ending the piracy menace.
- Nani responds to Mega fans’ trolling over Gang Leader title
- Anushka to replace Nayan in legendary director’s next?
- Ravi Teja putting on weight for Disco Raja
- Harish Shankar has a big task ahead
- Who will play KCR in RGV film?
- Rocking climax to be the highlight of Kanchana 3