Balayya’s stamina looks unstoppable at the box-office. Yesterday, Lion released to humongous response from Balayya’s diehard fans. The film braved late screenings, mixed reviews and average word of mouth on its first day and registered surprisingly solid collections all over the Telugu states.
Fans are thoroughly enjoying Balayya’s trademark punch lines and energetic acting. The film has all the mass elements needed for a solid hit and the opening day collections are huge especially in the B & C centres. The film amassed a staggering 5.52 crore share in AP, Nizam and Ceded areas on its release day. Below are the Lion’s area
wise opening day collections:
|Nizam :||1.47 crores|
|Ceded :||1.20 crores|
|Vizag :||49:13 lakhs|
|East :||43 lakhs|
|West :||45 lakhs|
|Krishna :||44.76 lakhs|
|Guntur :||72 lakhs|
|Nellore :||33.19 lakhs|
Trade analysts are amazed at these numbers even though the film was released on Thursday, which is a working day. As per the early reports, Lion is going strong even on Friday and the film looks to collect huge over the weekend.
- Dhoom star’s cryptic tweets kick-off suicide rumors
- Star heroine’s dad denies his daughter’s wedding rumors
- Maharshi’s music release date to be announced soon
- Mahesh’s fans eagerly waiting for March 25th
- Poll: Which of these recent biggies disappointed you the most?
- Rashmika opens up about Dear Comrade lip-lock controversy