On the evening of July 23, a couple of pictures of Tamil stalwart actor Super Star Rajinikanth driving a Lamborghini went viral on social media with the hashtag #LionInLamborghini. A couple days later, the car ride turned highly controversial, after a picture of the e-pass Rajini had sought from the Chennai Traffic Police made it to the internet.
In the e-pass, Rajini mentioned that he needed to travel from his Poes Garden residence in Central Chennai to his Kelambakkam farmhouse due to a “medical emergency.” Many alleged that Rajini had wrongfully acquired the e-pass even as the entire city has been under lockdown due to the rising number of Coronavirus positive cases in the state.
Meanwhile, the pictures showcased Rajini not wearing a seat belt. This landed him in fresh trouble, and the actor was fined for Rs 100 by the Chennai Traffic Police.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acclaimed Tamil star turns villain for Mahesh Babu?
- Vijay Deverakonda becomes the first South Indian hero to pull off this feat
- Vithika Sheru all set for her new avatar
- Balayya asks for a bounded script to comeback director?
- Yash to share a chunk of profits from KGF 2’s collections
- Thanks to COVID- Sonu Sood’s dull career picks up