On the evening of July 23, a couple of pictures of Tamil stalwart actor Super Star Rajinikanth driving a Lamborghini went viral on social media with the hashtag #LionInLamborghini. A couple days later, the car ride turned highly controversial, after a picture of the e-pass Rajini had sought from the Chennai Traffic Police made it to the internet.
In the e-pass, Rajini mentioned that he needed to travel from his Poes Garden residence in Central Chennai to his Kelambakkam farmhouse due to a “medical emergency.” Many alleged that Rajini had wrongfully acquired the e-pass even as the entire city has been under lockdown due to the rising number of Coronavirus positive cases in the state.
Meanwhile, the pictures showcased Rajini not wearing a seat belt. This landed him in fresh trouble, and the actor was fined for Rs 100 by the Chennai Traffic Police.
Articles that might interest you:
- Get ready for 3 surprises from PSPK27 this Maha Shivaratri
- Critically acclaimed South film goes to Bollywood
- Manchu Manoj’s sly tweet on marriage reports
- Wild Dog’s trailer gets a launch date
- Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher joins Karthikeya 2
- Award winning NRI director Ram Alladi to helm a sanskrit movie ‘Nabhamsi’